Last updated on May 10th, 2020 at 11:32 am
The Calderdale Family History Society has small, dedicated teams of members working on a series of projects to make research for our members easier and more productive.
We publish the results of this work in various ways :-
- On CDs which can be purchased.
- Onto the Society’s databases available at our Research Room at Brighouse Library.
- On FindMyPast site as “Pay per View”
- Burials data is included on the National Burial Index (NBI) available from GENfair
A team transcribes and publishes inscriptions from monuments and gravestones in graveyards in our area. The results are available in our Monumental Publications List.
In late 2019, a project was started to re-index all entries from the 80+ graveyards which have been transcribed Initially, they were indexed only by surname. This project indexes them by surname & forename. The “surname only” records are being progressively replaced by the “surname/forename” records. We expect this to take until at least the end of 2020.
- In May 2019, we started a project to transcribe 59 School Admissions registers for the Calderdale area. These will complement the recently completed School Log Books project. As with School Log Books, we have split the transcription into 3 sections, to cover South/East, Central/ North & West Calderdale. As each section is completed, a CD will be published & all the associated data will be made available, free of charge, to Society members.
- The South/East Calderdale stage was completed in February 2020.
- Work is now progressing on the 2nd, and largest, stage, for North & Central Calderdale Schools, comprising.27 schools.
Completed Projects in the last 12 months
- The Monumental Inscriptions for King Cross Cemetery were completed & published in Autumn of 2019 & are available on CD, at the Research Room and, for Members, through the Transcription Index on this website.
All these transcriptions are available through the usual channels.
- Following the re-siting of Square Church headstones in Lister Lane cemetery we have been revising the Monumental Inscriptions for that church. Once all the re-siting has been completed, we will update the relevant database & publication.
If you have any suggestions for future projects, please let our Project Coordinator know.