Last updated on June 28th, 2021 at 02:35 pm
The Calderdale Family History Society has small, dedicated teams of members working on a series of projects to make research for our members easier and more productive.
We publish the results of this work in various ways :-
- On CDs and file downloads which can be purchased.
- Onto the Society’s databases available to members, free of charge, on our exclusive On-line database
- On FindMyPast site as “Pay per View”
- Burials data is included on the National Burial Index (NBI) available from GENfair
A team transcribes and publishes inscriptions from monuments and gravestones in graveyards in our area. The results are available in our Monumental Publications List.
In the spring of 2021, a project was completed to re-index all entries from the 87 graveyards which have been transcribed Initially, they were indexed only by surname. This project indexed them by surname & forename. The “surname only” records have all been replaced by the “surname/forename” records.
- In May 2019, we started a project to transcribe 59 School Admissions registers for the Calderdale area. These will complement the recently completed School Log Books project. As with School Log Books, we have split the transcription into 3 sections, to cover South/East, Central/ North & West Calderdale. As each section is completed, a CD will be published & all the associated data will be made available, free of charge, to Society members.
- The South/East Calderdale stage was completed in February 2020.
- Work is now progressing on the 2nd, and largest, stage, for North & Central Calderdale Schools, comprising.27 schools.
- A number of schools have been completed & are being progressively released on to our On-line database.
If you have any suggestions for future projects, please let our Project Coordinator know.