Last updated on March 14th, 2019 at 01:56 pm
- 4 Journals per year (Internet members get this electronically) which has articles from other members, summaries of meetings and notices of events. This is an example of the journal[listyofiles folder=”wp-content/documents/SampleScrivener” sort=”reverse_alphabetic” options=”table,hide_extension,new_window“]
- Registration on to the Society website – to gain access to Members’ Only facilities.
- Members’ Interests – Members tell each other which surnames they are researching. By sharing information, members make much greater progress in uncovering their family history than working in isolation – here is a sample of the names being researched.
- Members’ Forum – Interact with other members on FH subjects & exchange views & comment.
- Free Searches – on all 2,000,000+ records transcribed, plus from the 5 main Calderdale cemeteries. This free facility only though the Transcription Index on the website when being logged on as a member.
- Photographs of cemetery headstones – for a modest charge per graveyard.
- Involvement in Society Projects – become part of a team expanding the Society’s information.
- For Local Members, 11 meetings per year – all with guest speakers. A pdf version of the syllabus is available here
- Local Research Room – with online facilities, access to the Society’s database & help available.
- Annual Trip—every year, go on a trip relevant to Family History
- Annual Dinner—each April, attend an annual dinner, with guest speaker
To join the Society, click here