Last updated on September 17th, 2019 at 11:13 am
Founded in 1985 we are a group of Family Historians who help each other, and the general public, with research into their ancestors. We are dedicated to ancestry, genealogy and family search in Halifax, West Yorkshire and the surrounding area. Full details of everything we offer can be found using the drop-down menu bar above.
However, the most important & well-used facilities are listed below. Click on the title of the sections below to go to use that facility.
Transcription Index – Search the index for over 2m records that have been transcribed over the years the Society – your long, lost, ancestor may be amongst them!
Publications – Look to see what publications we offer to help you – mostly on CD or downloadable files.
Projects – See what projects we are doing which may help you in the near future. New information is becoming available all the time.
Research Room – We have a Research Room in Brighouse Library where you can go to access both Ancestry & FindMyPast as well as all the Society databases. There is always an experienced Society officer there to help you.
Benefits of Membership – Membership of the Society starts from as little as £6 per annum. Benefits include :-
- The Scrivener – 4 informative family history related Journals every year.
- Access to other members’ Interests through our “Members Area” on the Society website www.cfhsweb.com.
- Use of the Research Room.
- Free searches for the full detail of every item on the Transcription Index.
- A monthly meeting at the Maurice Jagger Centre in Halifax every 4th Thursday. Click to see the current syllabus.
- Ability to contribute to the on-line forum.
Click here to apply for details on how to apply for membership.
Map of the Area