|Barkisland Krumlin Meths||Barkisland Krumlin Methodists||4|
|Blackley Baptist Church||Blackley Baptist Church||The inscriptions are in 2 sections :-
– The main churchyard
– The Garden of Remembrance, where the plaques are prefixed GR/
The grave numbers in the main churchyard do NOT indicate the position within the graveyard, as the transcriptions were taken, not
|Booth United Reformed Church||Booth United Reformed Church||The inscriptions are in 3 sections :-
– 2 main sections, grave nos. prefixed A & B.
– a 3rd, small, section by the Sunday School, grave nos. prefixed SS.
|Boothtown, All Souls||Boothtown, All Souls Church||The inscriptions are in 20 Sections, all graves within which are prefixed X/ (eg Section A prefixed A/) :-
– Sections A, A1, A2, B, C & C1
– Sections D,E & F
– Section G, including graves in the Akroyd vault, grave nos. prefixed with V.
– Sections H to Q
|Bradshaw, St. John’s Church||Bradshaw, St. John’s Church||The inscriptions are in 3 sections :-
– Section A, grave nos. & row letters prefixed A/
– Section B, grave nos. & row letters prefixed B/
– Cremation Garden, grave nos. & row letters prefixed G/
|Claremount, St. Thomas’s||Claremount, St. Thomas’s Church||The inscriptions are in 4 sections :-
– Graves on the east side, prefixed E.
– Graves on the west side, prefixed W.
– Burial details from a plaque, prefixed P
– 1 special grave, prefixed S
|Clifton Municipal||Clifton Municipal||0|
|Clifton St John||Clifton St John||0|
|Copley, St. Stephen’s||Copley, St. Stephen’s Church||The graves are in 5 sections, B to F, plus names from a War Memorial, with grave nos. prefixed with the letters B to F & WM
There are no graves visible in Sections A & G of the graveyard.
|Cragg Vale Methodist||Cragg Vale Methodist Chapel||The graves are in 2 sections :-
– Graves in 10 rows A to J, with grave nos. prefixed with row letter.
– 4 separate graves numbered 1 to 4.
|Eastwood Congregational||Eastwood Congregational Chapel||The graves are in 16 rows, lettered A to P, & numbered from 1 in each row.||2|
|Elland Huddersfield Rd Wesleyans||Elland Hudd Wes||4|
|Elland Providence Congs||Elland Prov Congs||4|
|Greetland Methodist Chapel||Greetland Methodist Chapel||The graves are in 21 rows, north to south down the hill, lettered A to U||3|
|Halifax All Saints||Halifax All Saints Church, Salterhebble||The grave are in 6 sections, plus West Wall Plaques, & sets of memorials inside & outside the church. The grave no, prefixes are :-
– Sections 1 to 6 AS1/, AS2/ etc.
– Wall Plaques ASWW/
– Inside & outside Memorials ASIC/ & AS/OC
|Halifax Salem Meths – New Connection||Halifax Salem Meths||4|
|Halifax South Parade Wesleyans||Halifax South Parade||4|
|Halifax, Soc. of Friends (Qkr)||Halifax Soc. of Friends, Quaker M. House, Clare Rd||The inscriptions are in 5 sections :-
– Actual Gravestones, numbered 1 upwards.
– Records of Burials taken from Halifax preparative meeting, prefixed FF24, giving page nos.
– Records of Burials taken from Brighouse Monthly Meeting, prefixed F2, giving pag
|Hebden Bridge, Cross Lanes||Hebden Bridge, Cross Lanes United Methodist Church||These inscriptions are in a single section, in 10 rows, A to J. The grave Nos. are prefixed with the row letter.||1|
|Hebden Bridge, Ebenezer||Hebden Bridge, Ebenezer Chapel||The graves are numbered 1 to 60, with a handful having suffix letters||2|
|Hebden Bridge, St James’||Hebden Bridge, St. James’ the Great||The graves are in a number of sections :-
– Main graveyard in rows A to T, with graves numbers HBXn where X is the row no.
– Memorial Tablets in the Memorial Garden, entries numbered Hbxy/n where x is the tablet no., y is the column no. & n is the item no
|Hebden Bridge, Wainsgate Baptist||Hebden Bridge, Wainsgate Baptist Church||0|
|Heptonstall St Thomas, New Ground||Heptonstall St Thomas, New Graveyard||The graves are in 2 burial grounds – Old & New. These grave are from the New Burial Ground||0|
|Heptonstall St Thomas, Old Ground||Heptonstall St Thomas – Old Graveyard||The graves are in 2 burial grounds – Old & New. These grave are from the Old Burial Ground||0|
|Hipperholme Meths||Hipperholme Meths||4|
|Holywell Green UR||Holywell Green United Reform Church||The graves are arranged in a number of sections :-
– 2 crosses either end of the graveyard, prefixed X/
– 8 Sections, 1, 1A, 1B, 2, 2A, 3, 3A, 4, with the grave nos. prefixed 1/ TO 4/
|Illingworth Moor Methodist||Illingworth Moor Methodist Church||The graves are in 5 sections, A to F.
Sections A to E have lettered rows & the graves are numbered within those rows (eg A/B2 for grave 2 in row B in Section A).
In Section F, there are 4 sub-sections, A to D, with the graves numbered within each section.
|King Cross Methodist||King Cross New Connextion Methodist||The graves are in 8 sections :-
– Sections A, B, C, D, E & F
– Section OG1 – Old Graveyard
– Section OG2 – 2nd Old Graveyard
|Lightcliffe Mount Zion Congs||Lightcliffe Mount Zion||4|
|Luddenden Dean Methodist||Luddenden Dean Methodist Church||The graves are in 2 sections prefixed 1/ & 2/||2|
|Luddenden Ebenezer||Luddenden Ebenezer||The graves are numbered in 2 sections – N for North Cemetery & S for South Cemetery. In the North cemetery, the graves are numbered 1 to13 and in the South Cemetery they are numbered in rows 1 to 12 with a suffix letter for each grave with the row – eg||3|
|Luddenden Foot Meths||Luddenden Foot, Denholme United Methodist Church||This graveyard has only 29 graves, numbered 1 to 29.||1|
|Luddenden Foot, St. Mary’s||Luddenden Foot, St. Mary’s||The graves are in 2 sections, A and B, with grave nos. prefixed A/ or B/||1|
|Lumbutts Free Meths||Lumbutts United Free Methodist Church||There are 22 rows, lettered A to U (plus row FA after row F) with the graves numbered from 1 in each row.
Each Inscription is prefixed with
– P. No. to indicate the number on the grave plan.
– G. Bk. No. to indicate the corresponding entry in the Grave B
|Mankinholes Wesleyan||Mankinholes Wesleyan||The entries here are from the Grave Book & show the Grave No. together with name, date of burial & age of each person in the grave.
The Graves are given by row, lettered A to Z plus extra rows A1, X1, X2, XYZ, Y2, Z1, Z2 & a vault.
Each grave is numbered
|Midgley Providence UM||Midgley, Providence United Methodist Church||The graves are in 2 sections, A and B, with the graves numbered within their row and prefixed with the section letter A/ or B/||1|
|Moor End UR, Mount Tabor||Moor End United Reformed Church, Mount Tabor||The graves are in 11 sections :-
– 3 graves by the Chapel, prefixes CH/
– 10 sections A to J, graves prefixed A/ to J/
|Mount Olivet||Charlestown, Mount Olivet Baptist||There are 15 graves numbered 1 to 15||2|
|Mount Tabor Meths||Mount Tabor Methodist Church||This graveyard is in 2 parts :-
– The Old Part, with 88 graves, nos. prefixed with O/
– The New Part, with rows A to T, grave nos. preficed N/ & row no.
|Mytholmroyd, St. Michael’s||Mytholmroyd, St. Michael’s||The graves are in 7 sections A to G, with each grave no. prefixed with the Section No. & Row letter – eg A/B1||1|
|Mytholmroyd, Wesleyan Meths.||Mytholmroyd, Wesleyan Methodist Church||The graves are in 4 sections :-
– Memorial Garden and Front Wall of Chapel – grave nos. prefixed M/ & the F, B or R for their relative position.
– Flat graves in front of Church – grave nos. prefixed F/
– 2 Main Sections, A & B – grave nos. prefixed A/ an
|Norland, Mount Pleasant||Norland, Mount Pleasant Methodist Chapel||Then graves are in 17 rows, & graves numbered 1 to 124. Some are empty plots which are not included on this database||2|
|Norland, Primitive Meths.||Norland, Mount Zion Primitive Methodist Chapel||The graves are in 9 rows with grave nos. prefixed with the row letter, A to I||1|
|Northowram Heywood Ind||Northowram Heywood Ind||4|
|Ogden, Mount Zion||Ogden, Mount Zion Methodist Chapel, Per Lane||The graves are in 7 sections A to G, with each grave no. prefixed with the Section No. & row letter – eg A/B1||1|
|Ovenden, Nursery Lane Meths.||Ovenden, Nursery Lane Wesleyan Methodist Church||The graves are in 1 section, each grave no. prefixed with the row letter, A to I.||1|
|Patmos New Connextion||Todmorden, Patmos New Connextion||There are 6 entries in total :-
– 2 memorials.
– 4 stones in the memorial garden.
|Pecket Well, Crimsworth Meths.||Pecket Well, Crimsworth Methodist Church||The graves are in 3 sections :-
– Sections A and B, with grave nos. prefixed with A/ or B/ plus row letters.
– An extension graveyard with grave nos. prefixed with EX/ plus row letters
|Pellon Christ Church||Pellon Christ Church||The graves are in 7 sections :-
– In sections 1, 2, 3, 3A, 3B, and 3C, grave nos. being prefixed 1/ to 3C/
– Inside the church, graves & memorials being prefixed CH
|Queensbury Ambler Thorn Meths||Queensbury, Ambler Thorn Methodists||4|
|Queensbury Baptist||Queensbury Bapt||4|
|Queensbury Holy Trinity||Queensbury Holy Trinity||4|
|Queensbury Roundhill Meths||Queensbury Roundhill Meths||4|
|Rastrick Cemetery||Rastrick Cemetery||The cemetery graves are in 9 sections plus a Garden of Remembrance – 4 of the sections, to the south, are consecrated & the other 5 sections, to the north, unconsecrated. GraveNos. Are marked as RR/NN being row no. & grave no. within the row & the Garden||0|
|Rishworth Parrack Nook Ind||Rishworth, Parrack Nook Independent||4|
|Rishworth Roadside Baptist||Rishworth Roadside Baptist Church, Ripponden||The graves are all listed together. The “grave no.” given, in the form Pn, is actually the page no. of the original booklet, so that an enquiry on a given name will give the grave requested, but also 1 or 2 more adjacent.||1|
|Scammonden St Bartholomew||Scammonden St Bartholomew||4|
|Shelf Primitive Meths||Shelf Primitive Methodist, Wadehouse Lane||These graves are numbered by grave no. in the form number/letter (eg 8/G) plus a few that are placed around the edge of the graveyard, which are numbered E/1||3|
|Shelf Witchfield Meths||Shelf Witchfield Methodist Church, Wadehouse Road||Graves number 1 to 149 plus 1 set of ashes & 1 grave lettered D||2|
|Southowram Methodist||Southowram Methodist Church||The graves are in 3 sections :-
– New Section – graves letetred in rows A to K
– Old Section – graves lettered in rows AA to ZZ
– Inside Church – 4 graves lettered ICA to ICD and 5 plaques lettered ICP
|Southowram St Anne||Southowram St Anne||The graves are in 5 sections –
– Front – Rows A to T
– Rear – Rows A to O
– New Top Left – Rows A to D
– New Top Right – Rows A to F
– New Bottom – Rows A & B
Graves in each row numbered from 1
“New” refers to the new graveyard, across the road from the c
|Sowerby Boulderclough Meths||Sowerby, Boulderclough United Methodist Church||The graves are in 3 sections :-
– At the front of the Chapel, lettered F & G
– In the main graveyard, lettered A to E
– In an extension to the graveyard, prefixed EX
|Sowerby Bridge Christ Church||Sowerby Bridge Christ Church||Grave as numbered from 1, with all verbiage removed||2|
|Sowerby Bridge, Bolton Brow||Sowerby Bridge, Bolton Brow Wesleyan Methodist Ch.||The graves are in 1 section, in rows, with each grave no. prefixed with the row letter.||1|
|Sowerby Bridge, New Longley||Sowerby Bridge, New Longley Primitive Methodist||There are 58 graves & 1 plaque||2|
|Sowerby Cotton Stones||Sowerby, St. Mary’s Church, Cotton Stones||The graves are in 4 sections :-
– Sections A to C, with grave nos. prefixed with Section & Row no. eg A/B2
– Cremation Plaques with each plaque no. prefixed with P.
|Sowerby Green Congs.||Sowerby Green Congregational Chapel||The graves are in 8 sections :-
– 5 graves against the wall inside the gate, prefixed W/
– 6 Sections A to F, with graves prefixed with the Section & Row no A/ to F/
– Section X which are gravestones moved from their original place & put near Section F.
|Sowerby Mill Bank Wesleyans||Sowerby Mill Bank Wes||4|
|Sowerby Rooley Lane||Sowerby, Rooley Lane Wesleyan Methodist Church||The graves are in 17 rows, each grave prefixed with the row letter A to Q||1|
|Sowerby St. George’s||Sowerby, St. George’s Church||The graves are in 4 sections :-
– 15 rows in graveyard at East End of the church, with grave nos. prefixed E/1 to E/15
– 5 Vaults at North-West end of the church, graves prefixed V/A to V/E
– 9 Rows in graveyard at Lower end of the Church, graves prefixed
|Sowerby St. Peter’s||Sowerby, St. Peter’s Church||The graves are in a number of sections :-
– Graveyards round the church, numbered Sections 1 & 2
– Graves in the Church & in the Rawson Cemetery, prefixed CH & RC & in Section 3
– Graves round the lawned area, numbered Section 3
– Graves in the Old Gravey
|Sowerby Steep Lane||Sowerby, Steep Lane Baptist Chapel||The graves are in 7 sections :-
– Sections A to G are on the left side of the church – each grave no. is prefixed with the Section & Row letter eg A/B1
– Section H is on the right side of the church – each grave is numbered 1 to 69 & prefixed with the Se
|Soyland Ebenezer||Soyland, Ebenezer Methodist Chapel||The graves are in 2 sections :-
– Old Graveyard, with graves numbered 1 to 100 & prefixed A/
– New Graveyard, with 5 rows A to E, each grave prefixed B/
|Soyland Stones||Soyland, Stones Methodist Church||The graves are in 4 sections :-
– Section A, Rows A to N.
– Section B, Rows A to L.
– Section C, Rows A to F.
– Section D, Rows A to D.
Each grave is numbered with Section & Row prefix, in the form A/Ann
|Square Chapel||Halifax, Square Chapel||The graves are numbered from 1 to 437 and the gravestones form the courtyard in front of the Chapel on Winding Road, Halifax.||3|
|Square Church||Halifax, Square Church||There are 114 gravestones that were lifted from their site in mid-2014 to allow building of the new Calderdale MBC Library. At the time of publication, they are stacked in piles in Stoney Royd Cemetery.
The gravestones are numbered from 1.
Many of the i
|Stainland Providence Chapel||Stainland, Providence Chapel, Beestonley Lane||The graves are in a number of sections :-
– Graves within the Chapel itself, numbers prefixed CH/
– War Memorial with centre, left & right sides, numbered CH/C, CH/L & CH/R
– 3 Sections in the Graveyard, numbers prefixed S1/, S2/ & S3/
|Stainland Wesleyan||Stainland Wesleyan Chapel||4|
|Todmorden, Christ Church||Todmorden, Christ Church||The graves are in 84 rows, and each grave within the row is numbered from 1. So the grave format is (eg) 2/14||2|
|Todmorden, Cross Stones||Todmorden, Cross Stones St Paul||The graves are in 2 sections – Old Yard & New Yard.
New Yard graves are prefixed TPN & Old Yard graves TP
The first part of the remaining grave no. is the row & the last part the grave no. within the row
|Todmorden, Lineholme Baptist||Todmorden, Lineholme Baptist Church||There are 39 graves in total, numbered 1 to 39||2|
|Todmorden, Unitarian||Todmorden Unitarian Church||The graves are in 2 groups, Lower & Upper Yards, with a Vault in each. The graves are numbered 1 to 24 in the Vaults 7 1 to 188 in the Yards. The grave nos. are prefixed :-
– Lower Yard Vault – LV
– Upper Yard Vault – UV
– Lower Yard – L
– Upper Yard –
|Todmorden, Unitarian SS||Todmorden, Unitarian Sunday School||There are 55 graves, numbered 1 to 55||2|
|Wainstalls, Mount Pleasant||Wainstalls, Mount Pleasant Methodist Free Church||The graves are in 4 sections :-
– The 2 main sections prefixed with Section Letter A/ or B/. Each grave no. is also prefixed with the Row letter.
– Cremation memorials prefixed C/
– 1 seat memorial prefixed S/
In addition, there are 6 extra notes about b
|Warley Butts Green||Warley, Butts Green Baptist Chapel||The graves are in 1 section, each grave no. prefixed with the row letter, for rows A to H, in the form A/ to H/||1|
|Warley Congregational Church||Warley Congs||4|
|Widdop Blake Dean||Widdop, Blake Dean Baptist Church||The graves are in 2 sections :-
– Graves in 6 rows, with grave nos. prefixed A to F.
– 4 separate graves, with nos. prefixed X