The Calderdale Family History Society has small, dedicated teams of members working on a series of projects to make research for our members easier and more productive.
We publish the results of this work in various ways :-
- On CDs which can be purchased.
- Onto the Society’s databases available at our Research Room at Brighouse Library.
- On FindMyPast site as “Pay per View”
- Burials data is included on the National Burial Index (NBI) available from Genfair
A team transcribes and publishes inscriptions from monuments and gravestones in graveyards in our area. The results are available in our Monumental Publications List.
The transcriptions are also available in fully searchable form on the Society’s computers at our Research Room at Brighouse Library, Rydings Park.
Currently we are working on:
School Log Books.
We have now decided to publish the results on 3 CDs – 1 for the South & East of Calderdale, 1 for Central & North & 1 for the West. We have completed 70% of transcriptions for the 1st CD & the results for the completed schools that will be on this are now on the Society’s database (August 2017). So the results can be obtained, for members, via the Transcription index & our unique request facility.
Completed Projects in the last 12 months
- All burial records for Stoney Royd Cemetery are now available through the usual channels, from 1861 to 1960. Entries for the period 1961 to 1996 are available to CFHS members via the Search Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org In December 2016, the 4 individual CDs were withdrawn & replaced by 1 CD covering the entire timespan 1861 to 1960.
- Our 4th Monumental Inscriptions CD, which includes details from 17 further graveyards, plus Burial & Gravebook details from 4 further graveyards. This CD was made available in December 2016.
- Warley Town Cemetery Registers have been completed & are available at our research Room. The relevant entries on the Transcription index will be in place during April 2017.
- All work on the Northowram Heywood URC registers has been completed. A CD has been published, and members can request details, via our free search facility from the Transcription Index.
- Following the re-siting of Square Church headstones in Lister Lane cemetery we have been revising the Monumental Inscriptions for that church. Once all the re-siting has been completed, we will update the relevant database & publication.
All these transcriptions are available through the usual channels.
If you have any suggestions for future projects, please let our Project Coordinator know.