Last updated on March 20th, 2018 at 10:51 am
The Calderdale Family History Society has small, dedicated teams of members working on a series of projects to make research for our members easier and more productive.
We publish the results of this work in various ways :-
- On CDs which can be purchased.
- Onto the Society’s databases available at our Research Room at Brighouse Library.
- On FindMyPast site as “Pay per View”
- Burials data is included on the National Burial Index (NBI) available from Genfair
A team transcribes and publishes inscriptions from monuments and gravestones in graveyards in our area. The results are available in our Monumental Publications List.
The transcriptions are also available in fully searchable form on the Society’s computers at our Research Room at Brighouse Library, Rydings Park.
Currently we are working on:
School Log Books.
- We have an ambitious project to digitise the 94 School Log Books held by West Yorkshire Archives. We are then transcribing “events” associated with named people in those Logs, which are being published. Researchers can then apply to the Archives to view the relevant pages, or come to our Research Room in Brighouse to view them. Members of our Society are able to request, free of charge, access to these pages, through our Search Coordinator.
Transcription of the first Log Books, for East & South Calderdale, was completed in December 2017 & they are available on CD, by a download from Genfair, or, for members, via the free Search Facility. Our transcribers are now well on the way to producing the results for the 2nd phase, which covers North & Central Calderdale. During March 2018, 4 more Log Books have been transcribed, making the total so far, in Phase 2, 54 books. The details of these last 4 books will be available via our Transcription Index by the end of March 2018. Members can get the details of these FOC. We hope to have the 2nd CD available by mid-2018, after which the final phase, for West Calderdale, will be done.
Completed Projects in the last 12 months
- Warley Town Cemetery Registers have been completed & are available at our research Room. The relevant entries on the Transcription index will be in place during April 2017.
- All burial records for Stoney Royd Cemetery are now available through the usual channels, from 1861 to 1960. Entries for the period 1961 to 1996 are available to CFHS members via the Search Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org In December 2016, the 4 individual CDs were withdrawn & replaced by 1 CD covering the entire timespan 1861 to 1960.
- Transcription of the Northowram Heywood URC registers. These are now available on either a CD or as a download through Genfair.
All these transcriptions are available through the usual channels.
- Following the re-siting of Square Church headstones in Lister Lane cemetery we have been revising the Monumental Inscriptions for that church. Once all the re-siting has been completed, we will update the relevant database & publication.
If you have any suggestions for future projects, please let our Project Coordinator know.